Learning Target: Students will create an annotated bibliography using online databases and a web-based citation maker.
Information Literacy Skills:
- Learn to access information on multiple databases
- Learn how to construct an annotated bibliography
- Learn about reliable sources of information
- Learn how to construct citations
- Learn how to submit a document to Turnitin.com
1. Access the U.S. History in Context database through the Niles North IRC database page.
2. Search on the key words "Dust Bowl". Locate the article "Living in the Dust Bowl (1934, by Anne Marie Lowe)". Read the entire article. Generate the MLA citation for the article and copy the citation.
3. Log onto your NTHS Google account. Then go to http://www.easybib.com/. Create an account. Start a new bibliography. Upload the citation by choosing the database source, and clicking the link "copy and paste" in the bottom right corner. Paste the copied citation into the box and save the citation.
By the end of Day #1...
you will have read one article, created one citation, and written one annotation. This must be completed by the start of Day #2. Whatever is missing from your bibliography at the end of class must be completed for homework tonight.